Tech Transfer Competition
The Tech Transfer competition features cherry-picked entrepreneurs, TTO or principal investigators that are developing new technology from a research entity that is ready to be licensed or has begun development through a spin-off. The aim of this session is to promote alliances and the generation of collaborative projects from hospitals and academia to other stakeholders.
Selected participants will present their innovative projects in a 6-minute English pitch to an experienced panel of judges. The most successful idea will win €1,500, provided by Fundación Pública Andaluza Parque Tecnológico de la Salud de Granada
Participants interested in presenting their transfer project at the Tech-transfer competition will have the chance to submit an application text during the registration process. Abstracts submitted must describe best practices in technology-transfer described in the target field and comply with eligibility criteria.
Applications may only be submitted online with the registration form in the plain text-only field and may not have more than 400 words. Applications must be submitted before May 13 at 10:00 pm (CEST or GMT+2).
Onconet Partners will review the quality of the proposals and approve the chosen applications according to the selection criteria. Successful applications will be notified by the last week of May at the latest.
Therapeutic, diagnostic, medtech and digital health projects in oncology within the framework of improving healthcare and medical assistance:
- With a deep focus on an unmet medical/market/patient need, resolved through an innovative technology to create a product or service.
- Project in TLR 2-4 with tested hypothesis and demonstrated proof-of-concept as well as safety in in vitro/animal model:
- in vivo/in vitro validation of the concept
- external physician validation
- Project should be working on developing strategic alliances to further develop their technology for co-development or licensing within a one-year timeframe, through a spin-off of the institution itself or an external company.
- Actively looking for funding or partnering to further develop their technology.
- Project should define clearly the team assets and needs, taking into account entrepreneurial, scientific and other soft skills.
- New, proprietary developments in the field of therapeutics, diagnostics, medtech and digital health for oncology.
- Project (TTO) or companies established after January 1, 2017.
- High level of innovation (incremental innovation will be discarded).
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Applications must comply with the format requirements. Be legible, accessible and include all requested elements at the time of submission.
The selection panel will evaluate a 400-word text maximum, including these points:
- Unmet market needs as a mix of severity and number of people impacted.
- Innovative and scientific potential.
- Previous validation of the project and IPR status or plans.
- Detailed work plan and milestones for further collaboration.
- Detailed pathway to reach patient care and monetization. Scalability and European potential.
- Team structure: multidisciplinary and international team will be positively evaluated.
To be taken into account
- No confidential information should be disclosed, as the presentations must be open access.
- Anything that could identify the company (trademark, brand, etc.) on the application text will result in disqualification.
- The speech has to be in English.